- Over 15 years of IT hardware, software, networking, and programming experience.
Summary of Experience:
November 2002 to present
Senior Programmer Analyst, Healthways, Inc., Sterling, Virginia
- Enhance and maintain insurance claims processing system in PowerBuilder 10.5 & Microsoft SQL 2000
- Enhance and maintain IVR (Interactive Voice Response) treatment authorization system in
Visual Basic 6 & Microsoft SQL 2000
- Enhance and maintain automated document handling system in Captaris Workflow & Visual C# .Net (Visual Studio 2005)
- Develop reports and analyze data using Microsoft SQL 2000
- Use Microsoft Visual SourceSafe for source code control
- Planned, coordinated, and assisted with multiple infrastructure upgrades and changes
- Work with users, clients, vendors, and other IT team members (BT team members in Healthways-speak) to research, develop and implement business solutions
September 1996 to October 2001
Computer Networking Specialist, CA (Computer Associates), Rockville, Maryland
- Designed, configured, documented, and maintained multiple-server web hosting systems at secure hosting facilities for multiple clients, including the US Office of Personnel Management and the Norwegian embassy.
- Transitioned Applied Management Systems corporate network and user base into Computer Associates infrastructure after purchase in April 2000.
- Designed, configured, documented, and maintained Applied Management Systems corporate network.
- Provided network planning, documentation, upgrades and user support for US Office of Personnel Management training centers in Denver, Colorado; Charlottesville, Virginia; and Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
- Developed and tested disaster recovery plan for the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce in Washington, DC.
- Supported the General Counsel's office at US Office of Personnel Management in Washington, DC. Customized and deployed "Chief Legal Officer" case tracking database system. Developed, documented, and deployed a standardized configuration for 35 desktop computers. Trained users. Trained additional support personnel.
- Migrated department of 120 users to new Netware server for the US Office of Personnel Management in Washington, DC. Resolved network traffic problems using a packet sniffer. Developed, documented, and coordinated deployment of a standardized configuration for 120 desktop computers.
July 1992 to September 1996
Computer Support Manager, Operational Technologies Services, Inc., Vienna, Virginia
- Manager and lead technician of an award-winning computer support department for 600 DOS/Windows 3.1/Windows 95 users on a NetWare 3.x/4.x network at the Federal Aviation Administration in Washington, DC.
- Planned and coordinated multiple upgrades of all 600 desktop computers.
- Planned and coordinated transitions from DOS to Windows 3.1, and later, from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95.
Prior to July 1992
Computer support specialist
Computer Bulletin Board System (BBS) operator
Security Systems service technician
- A.A.S. degree in Computer Information Systems, Programming Specialization
Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Vice president of the national honor society
- Production manager for school newspaper
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- CTIA A+ certified (Microcomputer service and support)
2001 to present
2000 to present
- Relay For Life team participant, to benefit the American Cancer Society